Having tested just about every single makeup brand under the sun, I can confidently say that these are the tried-and-true items I find myself going back to again and again. Below, you’ll find a list of my favorite everyday makeup products for each category: primer, foundation, concealer, powder, bronzer, brows, blush, eyelash curler, mascara, eyeliner, highlighter, lip liner, lip color, setting spray, and brushes. Wow, am I high maintenance or what? (Also, it might be worth noting that this is exact order I apply my makeup in—I know a lot of you ask about that.)
THE BEST EVERYDAY MAKEUP PRODUCTS
- Bobbi Brown Extra Illuminating Moisture Balm (I like the shade “Golden Glow,” but you should choose based on what works for your skin tone. This stuff is like a primer, luminizer, highlighter, and moisturizer all wrapped into one. I heard a nasty rumor that it was sold out at Sephora last week. I’d like to think it’s because I started posting about it. Anyway, all three colors are still available at Nordstrom.)
- Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk (My shade is 5.75. This is the OG of high-end foundations. Every makeup artist’s FAVE. I’ve been using it religiously for at least 8 years. Worth every single penny. I have 9 million foundations that get sent to me for free, but I pay for this one with my own hard-earned money. That’s how you know it’s GOOOOD. Also: Armani Beauty, if you’re reading this…hook a sister up!)
- Benefit Hello Happy (My shade is 3. This baby is a newfound favorite. The consistency is very liquid-y—but before you write it off like I did initially, take my word for it: it gives your face an airbrushed blurring effect. And perhaps the best part? It’s CHEAP. I alternate with my Armani so I feel less broke.)
- Tarte Shape Tape (My shade is light neutral because I like a bright under-eye. )
- IT Cosmetics Anti-Aging Waterproof Concealer (My shade is Medium; this is my favorite stay-all-day concealer if you’re going to be sweating or running around.)
- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer (My shade is Custard; I mean, don’t listen to me. Just look at the reviews on Sephora
Check out my full list of the best concealers here.
- Huda Beauty Easy Bake Setting Powder (My shade is Banana Bread; if you’re trying to hard core bake your face a la Kim Kardashian, this is how you do it: Dampen a beauty blender, dip it into the powder, and pat pat pat under your eyes. Let it sit while you do the rest of your makeup. Then dust off the excess.)
I use two bronzers: a matte one to contour, and one with a little shimmer for all-over color.
- Matte Bronzer for Contouring: Benefit HOOLA (There’s a reason why HOOLA is consistently ranked among the best bronzers on the market. It’s super simple and nothing fancy, but it WORKS, and the shade is great on multiple different skin tones.)
- Dimensional Bronzer for All-Over Color: Kevyn Aucoin the Neo Bronzer in Capri (I was debating whether to choose this or the Kevyn Aucoin Celestial Bronzing Veil in Tropical Days—another favorite—but I went with my Neo Bronzer because I love that you get a blush, bronzer, and highlighter in one.)
I recently got my eyebrows microbladed so I haven’t really needed to fill them in, but when I used to, these were my holy grails.
- Anastasia Brow Whiz (My shade is Medium Brown; if you don’t know about Anastasia Soare—the woman behind the namesake brand—you should. She’s been dubbed Hollywood’s “eyebrow Queen” and now has a beauty line that’s worth over a billion dollars. It all started with brows, so that pretty much tells you everything you need to know about this product.)
- Benefit Gimme Brow Volumizing Eyebrow Gel (My shade is #3 neutral light brown; this is a fool-proof brow product for anyone who doesn’t have much time in the morning, or has a tendency to be clumsy with makeup. It’s VERY hard to screw up.)
- Charlotte Tilbury Cheek to Chic in Love Glow (I’m not really sure what to say about this other than the name describes it perfectly. The blush gives you a rosy, flushed glow. Charlotte designed it to be applied in a “swish and pop” method, which she explains on the packaging. There’s an outer color and an inner color that mix on the apple of your cheek. It’s pretty brilliant.)
- Shu Uemeura (almost impossible to find anywhere aside from their own site; usually sold out since it’s so popular)
- NARS Climax (My favorite “fancy” brand mascara – you guys loved it so much, it was statistically one of the most purchased beauty items out of all my recommendations from 2018.)
- Cover Girl Lash Blast Volume Waterproof in Very Black (My recommendation for gals like me who have a hard time with mascara running. This stuff stays put. It gives you a long, whispy lash. See mini-bristled brush below.)
- L’Oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise (The drugstore counterpart to Nars Climax, in my opinion. It gives you a thick, full lash, and is one of the best-selling drugstore mascaras of all time.)
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Pencil in Perversion (I love this blacker-than-black liner for the waterline.)
- Becca Skin Shimmering Perfector in Champagne Pop
(I have to force myself to try other highlighters because I just want to use this one everyday. It’s so good and it’s Becca’s best-selling shade)
- MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Soft & Gentle (This one is more cool-toned than Becca. Another best-seller and personal favorite.)
- MAC Lip Liner in Spice (I got hooked on this one after Kylie Jenner announced it was one of her favorites. It’s become nearly impossible to find since – always selling out. Call it the Kardashian effect…)
- Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat (Blends with your natural lip color to give your lips a more full appearance. Some people say it’s “cheating,” I say it’s genius.)
- Revlon ColorBurst (I’ve talked about this one in my Master List here)
- Bobbi Brown Extra Lip Tint (I love every shade of this stuff. It’s a great option for those times when you want a little wash of color + hydration, but you don’t want to look like you’re trying too hard. Like… on a date, or at a work meeting.)
- Urban Decay All Nighter (My friends and I used to use this before we went out for the night in college. We’d come home at 4am, look in the mirror and realize our makeup was still perfectly in place. Now I use it on long days filled with meetings and events, rather than nights out, because I’m old.)
- Beauty Blender (My favorite way to apply/blend foundation)
- Artis Oval 3 Brush (I love this brush for concealer)
Curious about my skincare routine? Check out my Master List of Hero Products here.