Trying out beauty and skincare products for a living is a treacherous job, but as they say… someone’s gotta do it. I volunteer as tribute.
Below, I have curated a list of my personally-vetted, all-time-favorite products to buy at Sephora. They are all things that I OWN, USE, and LOVE.
As you begin adding-to-cart for the Sephora Spring Savings Event, feel free to use this as your bible!
And as a quick refresher, here are some key dates to keep in mind:
- Rouge: 4/1 – 4/11 (20% off)
- VIB: 4/5 – 4/11 (15% off)
- INSIDERS: 4/7 – 4/11 (10% off)
- All Tiers: 30% off Sephora Collection (4/1 – 4/11)
*note: some exclusions apply
Without further ado, here are my must-haves from Sephora.
- This is anti-wrinkle eye cream is one of the best and most effective in my opinion.
- I’m an OG fan of the Origins Ginzing eye cream. Great for the AM, and helps with brightening thanks to the Vitamin C.
- The Ren Brightening Eye Cream counteracts dark circles (I notice the difference almost immediately) and it’s perfect for wearing under makeup
- Big fan of the Dr. Dennis Gross correction eye serum. This is great if you’re looking to fill in fine lines and under-eye wrinkles. At night, you can also layer a thicker eye cream (like this Kiehl’s one) on top, which is SUPER nourishing and rich. Remember: nourished, hydrated under eyes are the best way to look more awake (without injectables.)
SERUMS & TREATMENTS
- I exfoliate 2-3 times a week and many of you know that the Dr. Dennis Gross peel pads are what I swear by. They will change your skin overnight. I’ve converted SO MANY #SilbSquaders into peel pad die-hards.
- The Biossance lactic acid is another great exfoliating option if you prefer a serum (rather than the peel pads mentioned above.)
- Speaking of Biossance… their Rapid Plumping Serum was my best new skincare find of 2021. It does magical things to my face. Instant plumping and glow that lasts a LONG time.
- Watermelon Glow Dew Drops = an amazing hydrating, brightening serum—initially saw it on TikTok and I was skeptical, but now I use it daily.
- A few recommendations if your issue is dark spots: this clinical grade correcting serum and this Vitamin C serum. This Caudalie one is also awesome (plus clean + vegan if you care about that kind of stuff.)
- You know I preach about the importance of retinol, and if you have sensitive skin, I swear by this Kiehl’s Microdose Serum.
- If you’re pregnant or looking for a plant-derived retinol alternative, Caudalie’s Resveratrol is phenomenal (and has an ingredient patented by Harvard researchers.)
- This is technically an oil, not a serum, but Guerlain’s Youth Watery Oil is EVERYTHING. I use it on top of my night cream and sometimes mix a drop into my foundation for extra glow.
- The Augustinus Bader Rich Cream honestly deserves to be in a category of its own because it’s truly unlike anything else I’ve tried on the market. It’s basically an entire skincare routine in one bottle, and it really makes a huge difference in my skin—but yes, you will pay a premium for it. (I much prefer The Rich Cream over The Cream.)
- My go-to affordable-yet-effective moisturizer recommendation that is universally beloved: It Cosmetics Confidence in a Cream. Great for both day and night.
- If you need SERIOUS hydration and struggle with super dry skin, you’re going to want FAB Ultra Repair or Dr Jart Ceramidin.
- For oily/acne-prone skin, I always recommend Caudalie Vinopure.
- For luxury moisturizers/creams you obviously can’t go wrong with La Mer. It’s the moisturizer I currently have in my daytime routine. I much prefer the Moisturizing Soft Cream over the original Creme de la Mer (which feels too thick for me.) If you’re nervous about investing in such a pricey product, here’s a pro tip: buy the mini size. Most people don’t know that it’s an option (and under $100.)
- Glow Screen is THE BEST sunscreen to wear under makeup if you want a glowy complexion.
CLEANSERS / ACNE TREATMENTS
- The Farmacy Beauty Makeup Meltaway is similar to Elemis Cleansing Balm. Will remove your makeup instantaneously without drying out your skin.
- If you like an exfoliating scrub, Exfolikate is the gold standard.
- I absolutely love these Acne Healing Dots when I have a pimple.
FOUNDATION / TINTED MOISTURIZER / CONCEALER
- This color corrector from Dr. Jart+ went viral on TikTok last year and proceeded to sell out EVERYWHERE. No one could get their hands on it. It’s now regularly back in stock, and I’m obsessed with it. It counteracts redness and gives your skin the healthiest most natural glow. Great under makeup as a base, or you can wear it on it’s own!
- My mom & I both love this Bobbi Brown undereye brightener. You apply it under concealer and it cancels out dark circles.
- I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again—Flawless Filter will change your makeup game. Use it under makeup as a glowy primer, over makeup as a highlighter, or use it alone for a sheer, filtered complexion. I use shade 3 or 4.
- There’s a reason why every makeup artist is obsessed with Armani Luminous Silk foundation. It’s just that good. Truly the silkiest, most beautiful coverage that feels like you’re wearing nothing. (See below)
- For more coverage with SPF, the ItCosmetics CC+ Cream is a longtime favorite of mine. Just scroll up in this post and check out the before & after.
- I just tried this Tinted Sunscreen Foundation for the first time and I LOVE it. If you’re looking for sheer coverage with SPF, this is a fantastic option, as is Beauty Blender’s Bounce Skin Tint.
- Tarte Amazonian Clay (more matte) and Saie Slip Tint (more dewy) are also awesome for anyone who prefers lighter coverage.
- Among my favorite concealers: NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer has it’s incredible reputation for a reason; Kosas Revealer Concealer is a new full-coverage favorite of mine (and great for women with dry skin); the Armani Luminous Silk concealer is just as incredible as the foundation.
BRONZER / CONTOUR / BLUSH / HIGHLIGHTER
- The Bronze & Glow Contour Duo is magical. I’ve made so many of my friends try it and they’ve all been blown away.
- My mom turned me onto this MILK Makeup cream contour stick. She calls it one of her “favorite makeup products for older women.”
- If you’re the kind of person who like one thing that does it ALL, enter: Nudegasm. I call this my desert island makeup pick because it has everything wrapped into one.
- This Guerlain bronzer makes you look like you just got back from vacation.
- I truly can not rave about this Color & Light Duo (8th Muse) enough. If you love a creamy blush and a glowy highlighted cheekbone, you need it.
- Any time I’ve worn this cream blush by Rare Beauty (in Nearly Rose) or this one from Makeup by Mario (in Pale Petal), I’ve gotten compliments. Both blend in SO well and give you the most natural, gorgeous flush.
- Bobbi Brown makes the perfect non-glittery highlighter.
- Anastasia Brow Wiz is pretty much the gold standard for brows; I also love Benefit’s Gimme Brow tinted gel, and the Kosas Clear Air Brow.
- You’ve heard me extol the virtues of this eye shadow primer before. If you have crepey lids or your eye shadow just never seems to last, this primer is a must.
- If you’re in search of an eyeliner that won’t budge or smudge EVER, Urban Decay’s 24/7 is the one. I’ve literally worn it in the pool and it still looked perfect.
- I swear Pat McGrath’s FetishEyes makes my lashes look twice as long.
- Use this to get the most perfect winged eyeliner.
BRUSHES / SETTING SPRAY / PRIMER / SETTING POWDER
- I absolutely love Sephora Collection brushes and I think they perform better than other pricier brushes I own. This brush set is 30% off (!) and has been out of stock forever. But it’s back, so grab one while you can.
- The name “All Nighter” isn’t an exaggeration. I used to use this setting spray before going out until 4am and would come back with my makeup still looking perfect. I still use it to this day.
- This Hydrogrip Primer is another “TikTok made me buy it” product that lived up to the hype and then some.
- I had heard incredible things about this Fenty Lip Luminizer (shade FU$$Y) and OMG did it exceed expectations.
- The Laniege Lip Sleeping Mask is like a hug for your lips. I keep it on my nightstand and apply before I go to sleep.
- This lip gloss is like the little black dress of the makeup world. It’s a must-have. I reach for mine constantly, and keep it in my “going out” bag because it makes my lips look gorgeous and sparkly in an instant.
- Pillow Talk is iconic for a reason. If you’ve been hearing about it for years but haven’t tried, get the mini set, which comes with the liner and lip gloss too.
- The absolute best non-sticky lip gloss that gives you the most beautiful wash of color.
- I just tried these sculpting lip pencils for the first time, and they are AMAZING.
- I wear this lip balm in the RUSH when I need a little color but don’t want to look like I’m wearing lipstick. It’s super hydrating thanks to the Hyaluronic Acid.
HAIR / BODY / TOOLS
- Once you try Bum Bum, you probably won’t want to use another body lotion again. I buy the massive tub because I need to have it at all times. If you already love Bum Bum and want to try something new? Go for the Bom Dia Bright Body Cream. It’s SO GOOD. I can never decide which of the two I like more.
- The deodorant. If you know. You know.
- A perfume I’ve been wearing religiously for at least 10 years.
- This anti-frizz spray makes my hair silky soft without weighing it down, and this hair mask cured me of frizz.
- If you have damaged or color-treated hair that you’re trying to get healthy again, Olaplex is genuinely the best way to do it.
- For anyone lacking in hair volume, this lightweight mousse does the trick.
- The Necessaire Body Exfoliator made me realize the importance of self-care. It truly transforms your shower into an indulgent, relaxing experience and is worth every penny.
- Now would be a good time to stock up on Beauty Blenders.
Anything else you’d like a recommendation for that you don’t see here? Have questions about a specific product? Drop them in the comments below and I’ll try to answer as soon as possible 🙂