I’ve been a longtime fan of leather leggings—specifically this pair from Spanx—but it took me a while to figure how to style them.
All very valid questions. If you’re wondering what to wear with leather leggings, not to worry.
This guide has plenty of inspo for you!
What we’ll cover:
- what tops to wear with leather leggings
- how to wear boots with leather leggings
- what to wear with leather leggings for a night out
- my all-time favorite leather legging brands and styles
I also have suggestions on the best (and most flattering) leather leggings that I’ve tried, depending on the look you’re going on.
Read on for a list of easy-to-pull-off leather legging outfit ideas.
Our Favorite Leather Leggings:
20 Ways to Style Leather Leggings
1. Leather leggings with knee-high boots.
You already know how I feel about my Stuart Weitzman 5050 boots—and they look amazing with a pair of leather leggings. It makes for a super easy, super put-together look.
2. Leather leggings and a classic black turtleneck.
3. Leather leggings with an oversize sweater.
The proportions of the looser-fitting sweater and tight pants are perfect, and it’s a flattering look for every body type. I love this cable-knit turtleneck sweater from Amazon.
4. Leather leggings with a camel coat.
Add smoking slippers to keep it comfy.
5. Leather leggings with faux fur boots.
I wouldn’t have thought the combo of lace-up faux fur with moto leggings looked good together, but I tried it last winter on a girls trip to Park City, and I actually think it looks pretty cute!
Here’s a list of my favorite winter boots if you happen to be in the market.
6. Leather leggings with a plaid coat.
There’s something really sophisticated about a plaid coat don’t you think? I like how it dresses up the casual look of a leather legging.
One of my favorite tricks: add a belt to your coat if you feel like it needs a bit of shape.
7. Leather leggings with faux fur.
This gorgeous gray cropped faux fur one in the photo below is perfect. Add a heeled boot and a beanie for the ultimate chic-snow-bunny moment.
8. Leather leggings with white sneakers.
For a more casual look, pair leather leggings with your favorite pair of white sneakers. Perfect for running errands or grabbing a bite!
9. Leather leggings with a graphic tee.
Graphic tees look good with just about everything. I love throwing a classic jean jacket over mine and calling it a day.
10. Leather leggings with denim.
Pair leather leggings with a denim shirt or oversized jean jacket for a simple, classic look.
11. Leather leggings with camo.
Camo and leather are the ultimate Cool Girl combination.
12. Leather leggings with animal print.
Take a walk on the wild side with a pop of animal print. Stick to one patterned piece to avoid overwhelming the eye.
13. Leather leggings with a white tee.
Fact: you simply cannot go wrong with a plain white tee. Ever.
14. Leather leggings with an oversized hoodie.
Take a page from Kendall Jenner’s book and pair your leather leggings with an oversized hoodie for the ultimate off-duty model look.
15. Leather leggings with a blazer.
I’d say this is the perfect way to get away with leggings at the office, but LOL remember when we went into offices?
16. Leather leggings with a baseball hat.
It makes for an unexpected, more relaxed outfit, perfect for the airport.
17. Leather leggings with layers.
Because leather leggings are, ahem, leggings, take the opportunity to play around with proportions—layer a shorter sweater under a longer white tee for extra warmth and a hint of contrast.
18. Leather leggings with a leather jacket
Look like an absolute bad ass babe by opting for a head-to-toe leather outfit.
19. Leather leggings with heels and a sexy top.
Take your leather leggings out for a night on the town. Pair with a lacy top and killer heels.
20. Leather leggings with a vest.
I imagine myself wearing this outfit on a long day filled with errands.