Sephora Sale 2023: Best Things to Buy at Sephora
Sephora Savings Event Dates
- ROUGE: 20% off 10/27 – 11/6
- VIB: 15% off 10/31 – 11/6
- INSIDER: 10% off 10/31 – 11/6
- All Tiers: 30% off Sephora Collection (10/27 – 11/6)
All Sephora Collection items are 30% off for Insider Members for the duration of the event.
Without further ado, here are my must-haves from Sephora.
- If you’re looking for a true ‘workhorse’ eye cream (which is to say — something that smoothes, lifts, helps with fine lines etc) this eye cream is it.
- If your primary focus is BRIGHTENING and you’re looking to counteract dark circles, go for the Caudalie anti-aging eye cream. I love it, and also found out it’s what my dermatologist uses.
- If you struggle with super dry undereyes and you need a Stanley-tumbler-sized surge of moisture… the Triple Lipid Eye treatment is a fave.
- A newer product that I’m still in the process of testing: MACRENE Actives High Performance Eye Cream. It is *pricey*—but it was also developed by a dermatologist/scientist who has three degrees from Harvard. Do with that what you will!
SERUMS & TREATMENTS
- I exfoliate 2-3 times a week and many of you know that the Dr. Dennis Gross peel pads are what I swear by. They will change your skin overnight. In fact, I’ve converted SO MANY #SilbSquaders into peel pad die-hards that it continues to be the number 1 product people tell me I’ve influenced them on.
- For the ultimate “does it all” serum—this is my top pick. I know so many other people who swear by it too. It’s great at fading dark spots if you use it regularly.
- The Biossance Rapid Plumping Serum was my best new skincare find of the year in 2021 and 2 years later, I stand by that. It does magical things to my face. Instant plumping and glow that lasts a LONG time.
- In terms of Vitamin C serums—Dr. Dennis Gross has been my ride-or-die since it came out last year. I notice that it’s lightened some of my pigmentation spots and just makes my skin look brighter overall.
- Another option that I put into the Vitamin C category is the Caudalie Radiance Dark Spot serum. It’s a clean Vitamin C alternative, and has a light milky texture (that I sometimes prefer over the watery vitamin C’s, like the aforementioned DDG.)
- A new budget-friendly serum that I’m absolutely LOVING is the Soothing Barrier and Support serum from The Ordinary. [Disclaimer: it’s not included in the sale, but for $17, I’d still be throwing it into my cart.]
- Watermelon Glow Dew Drops = an amazing hydrating, brightening serum—initially saw it on TikTok and I was skeptical, but now I use it daily. I like to apply it underneath my makeup. Perfect way to prep your skin while also making your makeup look a bit more glowy.
- You know I preach about the importance of retinol. And if you have sensitive skin, I swear by this Kiehl’s Microdose Serum.
- If you’re pregnant or looking for a plant-derived retinol alternative, Caudalie’s Resveratrol is also phenomenal (and has an ingredient patented by Harvard researchers.)
- This is technically an oil, not a serum, but Guerlain’s Youth Watery Oil is EVERYTHING. I use it on top of my night cream and sometimes mix a drop into my foundation for extra glow.
- The Augustinus Bader Rich Cream honestly deserves to be in a category of its own because it’s truly unlike anything else I’ve tried on the market. It’s basically an entire skincare routine in one bottle. And it really makes a huge difference in my skin—but yes, you will pay a premium for it. (FYI I much prefer The Rich Cream over The Cream.)
- If you have oily skin the Laneige Water Bank Moisturizer is incredible. The texture reminds me of many MUCH more expensive face creams (like Tatcha Water Cream — it’s a good dupe.) Great for skin barrier repair.
- My go-to affordable-yet-effective moisturizer recommendation that is universally beloved: It Cosmetics Confidence in a Cream. Also great for both day and night.
- If you need SERIOUS hydration and struggle with super dry skin, you’re going to want FAB Ultra Repair or Dr Jart Ceramidin.
- For oily/acne-prone skin, I always recommend Caudalie Vinopure.
- A tried and true facial moisturizer that gets the job done at an affordable price point. This is also my top recommendation when I’m asked for man-friendly skincare. Guys love the fragrance-free simplicity.
- For luxury moisturizers/creams you obviously can’t go wrong with La Mer. In fact, I much prefer the Moisturizing Soft Cream over the original Creme de la Mer (which feels too thick for me.) If you’re nervous about investing in such a pricey product, here’s a pro tip: buy the mini size. Most people don’t know that it’s an option and it’s under $100 during the sale.
- Glow Screen is THE BEST sunscreen to wear under makeup if you want a glowy complexion.
CLEANSERS / ACNE TREATMENTS
- The Farmacy Beauty Makeup Meltaway is similar to Elemis Cleansing Balm. Will remove your makeup instantaneously without drying out your skin.
- The OG gentle cleanser that works for EVERYONE. So nourishing and creamy.
- If you like an exfoliating scrub, Exfolikate is the gold standard.
- I absolutely love these Acne Healing Dots when I have a pimple.
FOUNDATION / TINTED MOISTURIZER / CONCEALER
- This color corrector from Dr. Jart+ went viral on TikTok last year and proceeded to sell out EVERYWHERE. No one could get their hands on it. It’s now regularly back in stock, and I’m so obsessed with it. It counteracts redness and also gives your skin the healthiest most natural glow. Great under makeup as a base, or you can wear it on it’s own!
- I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again—Flawless Filter will change your makeup game. Use it under makeup as a glowy primer, over makeup as a highlighter, or use it alone for a sheer, filtered complexion. I use shade 3 or 4.
- There’s a reason why every makeup artist is obsessed with Armani Luminous Silk foundation. It’s just that good. Truly the silkiest, most beautiful coverage that also feels like you’re wearing nothing. (See below)
- For more coverage with SPF, the It Cosmetics CC+ Cream is a longtime favorite of mine. Just scroll up in this post and check out the before & after. It’s definitely a FULL coverage product (and was created by a former news reporter who was looking to conceal her rosacea on-air.)
- My everyday glowy foundation is either Dior Forever Skin Glow in shade 2.5N or Haus Labs (which is a newer favorite and amazing.) Both products will give you the most gorgeous dewy, blurred out complexion.
- If you’re oily or prefer a matte, full-coverage finish, go for YSL Luminous Matte (I’m shade MN7). The last time I was wearing it, my best friend told me my face looked airbrushed.
- Among my favorite concealers: the Givenchy Skincaring Concealer is sooo creamy and also doesn’t crease. And Kosas Revealer Concealer is also great for women with dry skin.
- My mom & I both love this Bobbi Brown undereye brightener. You apply it under concealer and it cancels out dark circles. (I wear light bisque.)
BRONZER / CONTOUR / BLUSH / HIGHLIGHTER
- The Gucci Sun-Kissed Bronzer I talk about constantly is magical. I always say that it makes me look like I just got back from vacation. I wear shade 2. (This is one of the products I get messages about most often!)
- My mom turned me onto this MILK Makeup cream contour stick. Super blendable and creamy. She calls it one of her “favorite makeup products for older women.”
- I truly can not rave about this liquid blush enough. (Get the shade “Hope.”) There’s a reason why all of TikTok is obsessed with it. A teeeny tiny dot is all you need for the perfect sun-kissed flush.
- I’m newly obsessed with this Blurring Blush Balm from Danessa Myricks. It also gives a soft-focus blur to your skin.
- After seeing every makeup artist do this, I now layer a powder blush on top of my liquid/cream blush for adding staying power. I love the best-selling Dior Rosy Glow Blush in pink. It blends in SO well and gives you the most natural, gorgeous flush.
- These Illuminating Bronzing Drops are EVERYTHING. Better than the Drunk Elephant ones in my opinion.
- If you haven’t figured out how to nail winged liner or if you have hooded eyelids, you need the Urban Decay Inks Liquid Eyeliner. It has an ergonomic grip and also the sharpest tip which makes applying it the easiest process ever.
- Anastasia Brow Wiz is pretty much the gold standard for brows. A newer favorite (and pretty similar to Anastasia) is the Kosas Nano Brow Pencil. Both are super thin, so you can create tiny feather-like strokes. Very beginner-friendly.
- You’ve heard me extol the virtues of this eye shadow primer before. If you have crepey lids or your eye shadow just never seems to last, this primer is a must.
- If you’re in search of an eyeliner that won’t budge or smudge EVER, Urban Decay’s 24/7 is the one. Im fact, I’ve literally worn it in the pool and it still looked perfect.
- Big fan of Caliray Come Hell or High Water tubing mascara. If you struggle with flaking mascara or your mascara smudging all the time, I really encourage you to try a tubing one. This is really great for LENGTH (moreso than thickness.)
- For regular (non-tubing) mascara, I also recommend Lancome Lash Idole or YSL Lash Clash. I love these for thickness/fullness.
BRUSHES / SETTING SPRAY / PRIMER / SETTING POWDER
- If you’re looking to upgrade your makeup brushes, do yourself a favor and just get this set (if it’s in stock.) Make sure you’re buying the PRO collection (not the regular collection, which is not as good.) These are my fave brushes and are 30% off—which means you’ll be spending like $8/brush. That’s insane. An incredible value for the quality.
- I’m unfortunately here to tell you that the Givenchy “magic dust” setting powder is as amazing as everyone says it is. It looks like an airbrush filter on your face. But if you prefer pressed powders, try this.
- The name “All Nighter” isn’t an exaggeration. I used to use this setting spray before going out until 4am and would come back with my makeup still looking perfect. I also still use it to this day.
- This Hydrogrip Primer is another “TikTok made me buy it” product that lived up to the hype and then some. A great primer option if you have oily skin.
- I had heard incredible things about this Fenty Lip Luminizer (shade FU$$Y) and OMG did it exceed expectations. See photo above. It’s a must-have. I reach for mine constantly, and keep it in my “going out” bag because it makes my lips look gorgeous, plump, and sparkly in an instant.
- If you already know you’re obsessed with the lip luminizer (or just trust me implicitly) get the Gloss Bomb Trio. Limited edition and an amazing deal.
- It’s hard to find a lip oil that’s not too oily yet leaves your lips feeling hydrated and refreshed. This one is super shiny, slightly plumping, and non-sticky.
- The Laniege Lip Sleeping Mask is like a hug for your lips. I keep it on my nightstand and apply before I go to sleep.
- The absolute best non-sticky lip gloss that gives you the most beautiful wash of color.
HAIR / BODY / TOOLS
- If your skin is SUPER dry, try layering an HA body serum underneath your moisturizer. This one is incredible.
- You MUST try “The Body Stone” from Kate McLeod. It’s one of the coolest, most innovative products I’ve bought in a very long time. It’s a solid moisturizer that glides on like butter.
- I finally bit the bullet and can now confirm that the Dyson Air Wrap is f-ing amazing. There is truly no hair tool that gives me the same shine and healthy bounce that the air wrap does.
- Same with my curling wand. I also change my mind about how thick of a barrel I like constantly. So getting the interchangeable set was the best move for me. I love how smooth it feels gliding across my hair.
- Once you try Bum Bum, you probably won’t want to use another body lotion again. I buy the massive tub during the holidays (it’s the only time of the year they have it!) because I need to have it at all times. They also have a fab gift set this year that comes with a bunch of travel-sized bum bum products and it’s an insane deal.
- The deodorant. If you know. You know.
- I can’t stress this enough—if you’re a (non-natural) blonde, you MUST use this purple shampoo. Keeps my color looking fresh and not brassy!
- You know how I always say “DON’T NEGLECT YOUR NECK!” This neck cream is my go-to.
- This anti-frizz spray makes my hair silky soft without weighing it down, and this hair mask cured me of frizz. The anti-frizz spray is truly the hair product that I would bring with me on a desert island. Full stop.
- If you have damaged or color-treated hair that you’re trying to get healthy again, try the Living Proof Triple Bond Complex. I genuinely noticed how much stronger my hair felt the FIRST day I used it.
- For anyone lacking in hair volume, this lightweight mousse does the trick. I’m obsessed and use it every single time I blow out my hair. (In fact, I actually just brought it to my hairstylist to use on me for a recent blowout appointment.)
- Now would be a good time to stock up on Beauty Blenders.
Anything else you’d like a recommendation for that you don’t see here? Have questions about a specific product? Drop them in the comments below and I’ll try to answer as soon as possible 🙂