Menu
Lifestyle

Trader Joe’s Shopping List: 33 Things I Always Buy at TJ’s

When a Trader Joe’s opened a few blocks from my apartment last year, I was SHOOK TO THE CORE. Believe it or not, I had never even stepped foot into a TJ’s before—but I obviously knew that my world was about to be rocked. After I told the Instagram fam about my Trader Joe’s virginity, people were literally appalled. The comments began rolling in with “must-have” “life changing” Trader Joe’s items, because, well, Trader Joe’s is a cult. I was skeptical until I went to the store, and walked out with the entire freezer section, despite the fact that my freezer is the size of a dorm room fridge from Bed Bath & Beyond.

Here’s everything that’s usually on my Trader Joe’s Shopping List. Don’t forget to save this link somewhere in your phone (in your notes, for example) so you can reference it next time you pay a visit to the Mecca.

FROZEN:

– Buffalo Cauliflower Wings

– Mandarin Orange Chicken

– Spicy Thai Shrimp Gyoza

– Steamed Chicken Soup Dumplings

– Organic Green Vegetable Foursome

MISC:
– Everything But the Bagel Seasoning (also available on Amazon!)

– Southwestern Chopped Salad

– Yellow Curry Chopped Salad

– Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups

– Unexpected Cheddar

– Jalapeño & Cilantro Hummus

– Cookie Butter

– Guiltless Guacamole

– Mini Avocados

– Cheddar Cheese with Caramelized Onion

– Sriracha Ranch Dressing

– Spicy Chai Mix (I haven’t tried this but it’s on my list for next time)

– Spud Crunchies

– Tikka Vegetables Pouch

– Restaurant Style Tortilla Chips

– Gyoza Dipping Sauce

– Chicken Noodle Soup Cups & Miso Noodle Soup Cups

– Ezekiel Sprouted Grain Bread (Sesame)

MEAL IDEAS:

DIY RAMEN = Noodle Soup Cup + Frozen Veggies + Dumplings

BALLER AVOCADO TOAST = Toasted slice of Ezekiel bread + guiltless guacamole + everything but the bagel seasoning + hot sauce

SOUTHWEST SALAD = Southwest Salad meal kit + baby avocado + chili lime chicken burger

CAULIFLOWER FRIED RICE = frozen cauliflower rice + frozen veggies + fried egg + sriracha + gyoza

VEGETARIAN INDIAN DINNER = frozen brown rice + tikka masala veggie pouch

Ok, now your turn: what are your must-have items from Trader Joe’s? And what easy meals do you love to make? SPILL THE DEETS IN THE COMMENTS!

Pin this for later:

25 Comments

• Aubree
    March 9, 2019 at 9:53 pm

Wasabi or roasted seaweed snack!!!

• Kathryn
    March 9, 2019 at 9:55 pm

Get the melodious blend!! It’s a frozen mixture of lentils and garbanzo beans and is SO good. I always put everything but the bagel seasoning on it.

The chili lime seasoning is great.. also low key amazing on watermelon. Also a fan of the umami seasoning.

Also love their dried mango and their teas. The ginger and tumeric is my favorite.

• Savannah
    March 10, 2019 at 2:01 am

Yesss thank you!

I’m a huge fan of the Lemongrass Coconut (with Almond and Jojoba oils) body oil!

And there’s a food blogger I follow who does an awesome sheet pan recipe with the cauliflower gnocchi: https://domestikatedlife.com/2019/03/02/sheet-pan-cauliflower-gnocchi-and-tomatoes/

• Lindsay Silberman
      March 10, 2019 at 4:49 pm

oh wow did you just blow my mind with this?! i think you did.

• Marilyn
    March 10, 2019 at 6:03 am

Umami spice!!!!!!
    Frozen artichokes
    Almond butter granola
    Wheat crackers in the orange box
    Raw almonds that are individual packs (called just a handful of almonds)
    Dried mango and dried persimmon

• Lindsay Silberman
      March 10, 2019 at 4:49 pm

ok these all sound amazing esp the dried mango, you’re like the 3rd person to recommend that!

• Sher
    March 11, 2019 at 8:46 pm

This post made me laugh because this is EXACTLY how I felt. I had never really shopped there, then one opened a block away from me in NYC and now I’m addicted! Amen on the dark choc peanut butter cups! Literally just finished a box this past weekend ugh.

Try the lavender detergent, the hazelnut coffee creamer, honey greek yogurt and corn + chile salsa dip.

• Lindsay Silberman
      March 12, 2019 at 4:06 am

Hahaha as I finished my last one yesterday I was like I CAN NEVER BUY THESE AGAIN. I can’t eat just one.

• Tasha
    March 11, 2019 at 11:27 pm

The TJ Yuzu hot sauce is amazing! A little citrusy and a little spicy. Its perfect!

• Lindsay Silberman
      March 12, 2019 at 4:05 am

Omg that sounds SO up my alley.

• Laura
      April 15, 2019 at 3:47 pm

Fig and olive crackers. They are so good with runny cheese.

• Anne
    March 12, 2019 at 11:28 pm

Raw creamy almond butter unsweetened. I travel to the states to get it cause we don’t have it in Canada. And yes it is that good!!!

• Laura
    March 13, 2019 at 1:40 am

I adore the olive and fig crackers. Sounds weird but they are awesome with cheese!

The cards! I still send cards (Birthday, sympathy, get well, etc) so I always keep some on hand.

• Lindsay Silberman
      March 13, 2019 at 4:58 am

Wait the cards thing is such a good idea! Olive & fig also sounds good

• Taylor Foxman
    March 13, 2019 at 4:23 am

Love this list!

You nailed some of my favorites as well, some others:

– Housemade espresso pods; super cheap and better than all store bought boring coffee I’ve spent forever purchasing
    – Love their spin on Cinnamon Toast Crunch don’t know name off hand but Cinnamon Square Cereal lol
    – So happy to have found a more reasonably priced and tastier version of Lactaid called Non Dairy Milk there
    – Brown rice California rolls
    – Kalmata Olive Hummus
    – Vanilla bean soy ice cream
    – Pancake bread, yes really
    – Morning banana “energy” muffins have had them for years

• Lindsay Silberman
      March 13, 2019 at 4:59 am

Holy shit I’m going with you next time hahah you’ve got all the secrets

• JMC
    April 11, 2019 at 2:10 pm

Their uncrystallized ginger is the best. It’s not coated in sugar and is a miracle worker when it comes to any kind of upset stomach. I bring it with me in all my travel bags. Especially helpful when traveling internationally.

• Lindsay Silberman
      April 11, 2019 at 2:46 pm

Ohhh that sounds incredible! What section do you usually find it in?!

• Rachel
    January 30, 2020 at 3:39 am

BBQ cut salmon (it’s with the refrigerated meats) marinated in low sodium Soy Vey Teriyaki in oven at 450 for 12 minutes. Typically serve with rice and steamed vegetables.

• Jess Bruckner
    February 9, 2020 at 3:06 pm

In the frozen section – they have cilantro chicken wontons and they are absolutely amazing and surprisingly really low in calories!

• mark lakin
    February 9, 2020 at 9:04 pm

burrata! I know it seems like it wouldn’t be good but its the best ive ever had. bathe in aged balsamic, salt and black pepper.

• Danielle
    August 18, 2020 at 3:59 am

Such good suggestions! Here are my TJ go tos: anything frozen cauliflower, salsa autentica, Jamaican jerk seasoned plantain chips, coconut cashews, and mini tacos! Oh and when in season cranberry goat cheese.